posted to rec.boats.building
Heywood Jablomie

Default Hydroplane building info

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 00:53:17 GMT, "Larry" wrote:

Mark,
what you see there is a pretty much 'state of the art' Hydro that
incorporates a lot of 'closely guarded' design elements. When a Hydro
builder racks up a lot of victories with a particular hull design, they are
able to sell a lot of hulls and make a lot of $$. There's quite a bit of
research & development invested in those hulls. There is not much $$ in
selling plans, so they don't have a lot of incentive to make them available
to the general public.

Besides, what would prevent somebody from setting up shop next door and
cranking out 'your hull' clones?

My 2¢

Larry

My turbine powered boat project;
http://www.weldingfaq.com/turbine2.asp

I see what you're saying. I just figured that the "outrigger" degsign
has been in use for a long time now that one would think that someone
with the knowledge would have, (and I was hoping, had), released such
info or a kit to the public. I would think that a proven design of at
least a few years old, would fetch a large amount of money in the boat
racing world, or with hobbiests.

Mark