posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

Default What boat for me?

"DSK" wrote in message
Maxprop wrote:
There are more, but this is a start. I'm sure others have good
suggestions as well.

How can you mention Ericsons and Irwins in the same post??

I know it's a stretch of the imagination, but they are in the same resale
price range. While the Ericsons are well-built, performance-type cruisers,
the Irwins are big-ass bathtub-like cruisers with lots of interior space and
substandard construction. Amazingly they resell very well. People seem to
be unable to look beyond the voluminous interior. A friend owned a 37'
Irwin up until this past fall--we tried repeatedly to bury the rail on the
damn thing, but never could--not even in 30+kts. That sort of stiffness
tends to instill confidence in those who are too ignorant to realize just
how poorly constructed they are.

But it's just a damned shame that the 35s5--best boat ever
created--doesn't meet your needs. Think of it: fast as an offshore
powerboat, better looking than Brittney Spears, PHRF of -4000,
accommodations for dozens, including a toddler, fine French joinerwork,
and did I mention better looking than Brittney Spears? OH, and it has a
by-God swim platform. Please reconsider . . .

I've been curious... how does one swim on a platform? I've always thought
you had to be in the water.

Ask Bubbles. My boat ain't got one.

Max