posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Default Cell phones at sea

It's not just the radios, Robbie...it's the whole shebang...the
whole glut of existence you've jam packed on that boat...

Katie, I think you're making things up. Outside of a small 200 dollar
flat screen DVD player from Costco, what do you imagine we're carrying?
Our stereo is no larger (and probably lighter) than most. The speakers
are smaller than most (but better quality). And there's just nothing
else on board. No Playstations, no trainsets. We don't have radar
installed or a color fishfinder or even a coffee machine.
Do you have a stereo on board? You have this illusion that there's a
home theatre on my boats, but do you look at the pics? All we had on
Ghost and Alien were car based CD players and a portable TV with a 9
inch screen...pretty much what you'd find on most boats, Katy.
As for Thomas....he got a lot of toys for Xmas and almost all are
packedc away, opened slowly, one at a time over the weeks. And only a
few toys are out at a time as well. His TV time is very limited...his
music time is also limited. His social time is mostly unlimited.

RB
35s5
NY