posted to rec.boats.building
Matt Colie

Default Rigging Replacement ?? Where to BUY??

Thomas,
You give no hint where you are. So it will be tough to supply
geographicly specific answers.
The reply is in two parts inline.

Thomas Wentworth wrote:
Where or who should I go/contact to replace the wire standing rigging of the
shrouds for an Alberg 35?

The mast is off the boat.

Call araound to local sailmakers, they will know who and where the local
rigging shops are (if any).
Label all the shrouds and take them off the mast an run them to said
rigging shop.

==

Second question: how can I get new wiring up throught the mast to rewire a
light and replace the old?

Did you remove the existing wire yet? You can use that as a messenger.
If you have no messenger, you go and borrow, rent, buy a thing
called a fish tape that electricians use to get wire into conduit. You
must end up with some effective way to support he weight of the wire
(not the little tiny screws in the light) at the truck.

What is the trick to snake-ing the wire?

No rocket sceince here. Push the fish tape in from the top there is
usually a small hole there and keep pushing until it come out the foot.
If the boat still has external halyards - this is easy. If you plan to
sleep (ever) on the boat. Make plans to keep the cable from wraping on
the inside of the mast.

Matt Colie
Lifelong Waterman, Licensed Mariner and Congential Sailor