Butch Davis

Default Nanni Diesel Engine Problems

Peter,

Around a marina you should be able to find someone with the rigging skills
required to remove the Nanni with some small timbers and light hauling
tackle. Once above deck it should be less difficult to get the Nanni over
to a dolly on the pier.

Can the Kubota use the mounts from the Nanni or will some fabrication be
required? A good bit of care is required when installing the engine to
ensure proper alignment.

Hopefully, if the mounts are ready, the marine gear can be removed with the
Nanni and switched over to the Kubota on the pier. This would allow you to
install the Kubota and gear immediately following removal of the Nanni. Of
course, you may have some work to do to hook up the fuel, electrical, and
cooling water to the Kubota. Sounds like about a two day effort in total
depending upon ease of access to the engine compartment.

When the compartment is empty is a good time to do a good cleaning and
inspection of the space and perform any required maintenance.

Good luck.

Butch
wrote in message
ps.com...
Got the quote on Friday. $13,064 for a new Kubota engine and the nanni
marine gear gets transferred over to the Kubota. The alternative was
close to $22,000 in parts and labour to fix the engine bore and buy
parts like the new head. So even if I could fix the engine I would only
save $6,800 in labour, and I still could not get the engine in and out
of the boat without winches etc, which I don't have. Still trying to
get help from Nanni.

Let you know what happens.
Regards
Peter