Roger Long

Default what size and type sailboat?

For what you are talking about, assuming a family of four, it would be
hard to beat an Endeavor 32 if you can find one. Built like a tank,
reasonable speed, docile handling but responsive enough that you can
understand what the boat is doing while you are learning. Good
interior layout.

These aren't true blue water boats but have done long voyages.

You can see pictures and read about ours he

http://home.maine.rr.com/rlma/Boat.htm

--

Roger Long

"MarshallE" wrote in message
. ..
Hi,

My family is interested in what sailboat to buy and learn that can
handle
offshore or perhaps ocean crossing. Older fits our budget better.

What type? How long?

I know this is vague but just trying to develop preliminary ideas to
consider.

thanks
marshall