posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Default Cell phones at sea

It's not excessive, certainly. I like to carry what I need, including a

backup, but we did have 5 gps' plus the boat gps last time we took a
long
cruise.

We'll probably never need the extra radio. On the other hand on the C&C
the Raytheon died during a long weekend and it was nice to be able to
quickly install the backup. The Beneteau came with a Uniden with the
wireless WHAM mike. I consider Uniden stuff okay at best. If I don't
like it the Icom will take it's place and the Uniden will end up as
backup. I just gave away my Icom M1v handheld and will replace that in
a few weeks...not sure with what.

RB
35s5
NY