posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG

Default Cell phones at sea

It's not excessive, certainly. I like to carry what I need, including a
backup, but we did have 5 gps' plus the boat gps last time we took a long
cruise.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
So, Jonathan, I'm carrying a spare fixed radio because I have it, and
the same goes for the antennas...one is a little rail mount and the
other is a rollup that goes right on the back of the radio. If they
were taking up any kind of space or were in the way, I guess I'd leave
them home. But we have more space than we know what to with. Maybe
we'll lose our rig and the handheld will fail...I don't see a reason
NOT to carry it any more than I see a reason not to carry a few extra
life jackets and flares. Doesn't hurt...might help.
In the world of Katy and Scotty this is crazy behavior. Fine by me!

RB
35s5
NY