posted to rec.boats.electronics
Spammy Spamson

Default Copying computer CD Charts into a chartplotter

On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 15:52:59 +0100, "Bjarke Christensen"
(nej, det skal selvfølgelig være med K da jeg
er dansker) wrote:

What ? Just upgraded the software (sparetime during christmas) to 6.9. Used
to run 6.5

It's a *must* to have both running simultanous.

Just attached my spare gps (etrex) and realised that you are right something
changed. How do you then get the cursor on the PC ?? or: how do you turn off
the screen on the Garmin device ?

You DON'T get the cursor on the PC with mapsource above version 6.5.
To do that you have to use "NRoute" which is geared more to navigating
on highways. (blechhhh)

6.5 download" you should be able to find the same FTP site I found.

I would uninstall 6.9, reboot, install 6.5 . The registry entries will
direct 6.5 back to your map files so no need to re-do all of that..

As to the "issue" of not being able to run other file formats (non
Garmin) thats not a concern for me. Here in Canada our charts are not
"free". i.e. I cannot download "free" usable charts for Canadian
waters THAT I WOULD TRUST.

Although not cheap (CAD $179.) the Garmin charts I paid for are a
relative bargan. I have at least 130 charts that would otherwise cost
me $22/each (!) - the charts are good, the gear works well. I'm a
happy boater that knows where I am or where I am going (most of the
time).

regards,

Capt. Spammy

to reply by e-mail do NOT remove "spam".

////snip