Don White

Default OT You were right Harry!

Harry Krause wrote:
Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:

On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 07:46:43 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

"Eisboch" wrote in message

i am convinced that the only difference between hd and regular analoug
tv with a digital cable is brightness - every hd screen ive seen is
much brighter which lends itself to crisper colors, but in dark scenes
in a movie or tv show, they are exactly the same - the definition
doesnt matter.

i watched the lord of the rings trilogy on the hd tv in the living
room and when my arm was operated on, watched it in the wreck room -
my office - there really wasnt much difference.

WAIT a minute. It just hit me. You said you watched the Lord of the
Rings Trilogy on a HD set and (I assume) a regular set in your wreck
room and couldn't detect much of a difference.

Your source material was a DVD , correct? No wonder! DVD is not
HD. It's in a 480i or 480p format. You were not watching HD.

ok - good point.

*Some* DVD players "upgrade" the signal into an HD set, though, and look
better than you'd expect.

Yes. Same salesman wanted to sell me a $200 DVD player he says is one
step down from the true $ 6K HD DVD players. Keeps telling me I'd be
amazed by the difference.