Eisboch

Default OT You were right Harry!

On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 07:39:01 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

we have a phillips 42" plasma which we bought right before i had my
arm operated on. to tell the truth, i dont know how its hooked up,
but i think its hooked up correctly - it right out of the rg6 from the
hd box/converter/thingie.

ill check into it though - thanks for the tip.

I think I know what your problem is, and if I am correct, you are *not*
seeing HD.

Your RG6 cable (with signal from the cable company) should connect to the
cable *in* on the cable co HD box. The cable box should be connected to the
TV with either a HDMI cable or a three wire, phono plug component video
connection to one of the component video inputs on the Phillips. There
should be *NO* RG6 cable connection to the TV and no cable connection to
the "Cable out" on the cable box.

Also - what kind of cable box did the cable company give you? Some have a
little display that identifies what mode it is in. With HD programming it
should say, "HD" 1080i.

Check your connections please. I fully expect a "Holy ****" post later
today.

Eisboch