posted to rec.boats.electronics
Larry

Default Raymarine self compatibility

"Lynn Coffelt" wrote in
:

After 20+ years selling and installing at least 7 brands of
radars that
I can think of, (and servicing several other brands), I itch to jump
in here, but my skin is too thin to be flamed by those who just enjoy
the scuffle!
Old Chief Lynn

Come on in, Chief! I forgot to put:

"open cheap plastic power connectors so you can stuff the DC wires into the
holes and clamp 'em shut to make contact with the wires", in my last post.

Silly me. I think for $2000 the goddamned thing oughta have a proper
SEALED military-style marine connector, not a little plastic molex plug
plugged into the PC board like a cheap keyboard from Radio Shack inside the
dome where it's raining...(c;

Let 'er RIP! Marine electronics is all crap. Plugless crap.