posted to rec.boats.electronics
Lynn Coffelt

Default Raymarine self compatibility

"John Proctor" wrote in message
news:2006012108082916807-lost@nowhereorg...
On 2006-01-21 00:50:50 +1100, Larry said:

John Proctor wrote in news:2006012019472716807-
lost@nowhereorg:

Here we go again, Larry's favourite hobby horse!

What's your interest, John? Are you a Raymarine dealer? Why are you
protecting an obvious crap product? I didn't make it rain in the dome
and rot the pot metal....

Larry,

I sell and install raymarine and FURUNO and I have to say the quality
of both are comparable. I too have many old Raymarine radars installed
and they generally are in no worse condition than the quivalent FURUNO
scanners I see. It all comes down to the competance of the installer,
enough said!

--
Regards,
John D Proctor

After 20+ years selling and installing at least 7 brands of radars that
I can think of, (and servicing several other brands), I itch to jump in
here, but my skin is too thin to be flamed by those who just enjoy the
scuffle!
Old Chief Lynn