Default After all these years, I finally found a boat for Dave!

Skipper wrote:
wrote:

I came across something that would have appealed to him 6 or 7 years
ago when he was in Seattle doing some shopping.

http://tinyurl.com/dkjym

So, for someone looking to cruise from the Gulf of Alaska to the Cortez
and avoid the return bash by diverting to Hawaii you'd recommend that
boat? Fascinating! Do you believe intended usage plays at all in boat
selection?

Absolutely. What do you figure from Mexico to HI, 2500 miles? Maybe a
bit less? (Depends where you set out from, of course) Right now, with
1000 gallons, she's supposed to have an 1800 mile range. Add a pair of
250 gallon fuel tanks and a watermaker you're set. 70,000 lb
displacement, deep draft, full displacement hull? This is what a true
seagoing boat looks like. Even Beebe would probably approve. You could
skip the additional fuel tanks if you're only going to coastal cruise
and willing to forget about Hawaii. If you had to, you could sail this
thing with a jib.

I was aboard this boat today, and she's built hell for stout. People
make Hawaii all the time in little mass-pro sailboats that couldn't
hold a candle to this trawler.