Roger Long

Default How vacuum tight are ‘Y" valves?

But, then the pump out boat and the marina pump out have to pull the
sewage through the pump. The pump out at our marina has enough
trouble lifting the stuff 15 feet at low tide. I don't want to add
the head loss of a pump to it. A self priming pump won't pass stuff
that way anyhow.

Normally, I could turn the pump on to make it easier for the
marina/pump out boat pump but we have a great service here in
Portland. You sign up with the Friends of Casco Bay and the boat
stops and pumps your tank once a week whether you need it or not. I
won't always be there to turn on the pump when they stop by.

--

Roger Long

"Peggie Hall" wrote That y'valve shouldn't be
under suction, Roger...tank contents should be
being pushed over it. It goes between the pump and the thru-hull.

Any particular "Y" valve I should be looking for to avoid this as
well as minimize the possibility of its being an odor source?

I'd go with a Whale.

--
Peggie