JimH

Default OT You were right Harry!

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"Skipper" wrote in message

Advantage: DLP

--
Skipper

I think viewing habits must be considered as part of the compromise you
speak of.
For me, I doubt I watch the HD plasma set more than 6 hours a week, not a
day.
I am watching more of the Discovery channel and an occasional sports event
(or non-event in the case of the Patriots).

I spend more time watching and listening to music videos, and that's only
once or twice a week. BTW - for the new guitar hobbyists in the NG -
highly recommend the Eric Clapton "Crossroads" guitar festival DVD
(Reprise records). Two disk set, featuring some of the finest
contemporary guitarists including Clapton to B.B. King, Carlos Santana and
a sober Joe Walsh among many others. For those with good sound systems,
the audio options include 2 channel, Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS
(recommended).

Eisboch

For me.........some local and cable news, some PBS programs like NOVA, some
shows on A&E, the History Channel or Discovery as well as some old Seinfeld
or Everybody Loves Raymond episodes. Perhaps 12 hours/week. My wife OTOH
is hooked on TV and always has been. And we both watch DVD's, perhaps one
or two per week.

We have 10 TV's in our house, all connected to cable:

Basement: My wife's office, the TV/sitting room, the game room area (soon
to add another at the treadmill).
Main Floor: Family room, kitchen, my office.
2nd Floor: All 4 bedrooms

I think this discussion/thread has talked me out of considering a plasma HD
set. While there is no way we are going to buy new HD for all these rooms.
I may consider replacing the 32" RCA TV we have in the family room (now 14
years old but still working fine) in the near future, most likely with a 36"
HD CRT set. ;-)