posted to rec.boats.paddle,rec.boats.paddle.touring,rec.boats,alt.inventors

Default Aw, Barnacles!

NYC XYZ wrote:
wrote:
NYC XYZ wrote:
Oh, my. Oh wow!

How fast is 10mph on water?

Almost exactly as fast as 10 mph on land. But that doesn't matter,
because they only claim 10 KMH, which is 5.4 knots, which is about what
a motivated touring kayaker can do.

LOL! You have an eye for detail, I see.

Is a motivated 'yakker that good, to paddle at 5.4 knots?? I hear that
3 knots is a lot of work...or do I have water in my ears....

Read the reviews in Sea Kayaker. Many of the boats tested can be pushed
above 5 knots. I've seen 6 knots in my 18' Epic, but not for very long.
Cruising at 4 knots isn't much of a feat in a touring boat. No comment
about your ears.

Steve