posted to rec.boats.building
MMC

Default Berths: minimum clearance mattress to ceiling?

How about folding pipe berths? You make the frame out of galvanized water
pipe and stretch canvas in the center by use of line and grommets. Hinge one
side to a bulkhead and support the other by chain from the overhead. A 2
inch foam mattress and you're set.
This way you can have all the head room you want.
"No wisecracks"? you're spoiling all the fun.
MMC
wrote in message
oups.com...
I've got an idea for a houseboat to maximize space, by putting in an
overhead berth. I want standing headroom under the berth and am
wondering if I've got enough room to do it. This isn't a commercial
houseboat, but it's a conversion from generator barge that I built and
may not be able to sell at a decent price. So, what do y'all think is
the mininum space needed (no wisecracks either)?

Ed.

My Generator Barge Website:
http://www.angelfire.com/ultra/edaskew/genbarge.html