posted to rec.boats.building
Terry K

Default '94 115 Johnson starts in driveway but not in the ocean?

the simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences." - Proverbs
22:3

Reply: The idea is to get the exhaust temp down, so less heat is lost
in the engine cycle, so your observation is only indirectly helpful.
Sorry. Thanks.

For the previous haranguer: I can't drink caffeinated beverages, due to
pancreatitis. I used to drink 10 -15 cups a day, but had to quit. Part
of the problem is that all that caffeine causes dehydration, and
thirst, which is only made worse by caffeine, which being a stimulant
also causes spasms in the pancreatic duct sphincter, I figure. I'm
always this hyper, sometimes called enthusiastic.

To continue, the boiling temperature will be affected by cylinder
pressure, and it may be that it won't work for that reason. A
thermodynamacist might be able to say. Where's all the big mouth
mathemeaticians that regularly abuse each other around here?

Yes timing is important. The small, lean fuel explosion must be quick
and complete, so the water injection can have some time to do it's
magic. The preheated water idea seems relevant, if you can preheat the
water somewhat before injecting it, so the internal combustion steam
engine would still want some external combustion happening, but the
actual amount of water might be really small.

How come some research body doesn't offer a little of the essential
data, as they MUST have tried this? I can't find any data on the net.

Maybe this really is is my idea?

Terry K