posted to rec.boats.paddle

Default Trip Report - Assateague Prospecting

Wilko wrote:

Didn't anyone get in trouble because of not being able to get home
before Monday?

A few of the guys had some minor troubles with staying the extra day
from wives and bosses, but the simple fact is that there was zero
chance of paddling out in 40 mile per hour winds on Sunday. If you are
windbound you are windbound, call it an act of god.

I did schedule this trip with the extra day contingency in mind; that
Monday was a Federal and State Holiday (Martin Luther King's birthday
observation). We've been windbound at Assateague in similar westerlies
before, so allowing for an insurance day in terms of food and water and
time is the norm.