Don White

Default OT Good news story for cat lovers

Doug Kanter wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message

Doug Kanter wrote:

"Don White" wrote in message

Warning! Pass on if you don't like animals

Local kittens make the big time.
see: http://www.herald.ns.ca/Front/477955.html

I'll bet that when my cat attacks her first dog, she won't get any kind
of publicity. We shall see. I'm trying to figure out how to get close to
some of the strays so I can spray their necks with the liquid from canned
tuna. Or, maybe an anchovie massage.

Doug.. What happened to your Cat ferry to Toronto?
Read some reports that your mayor pulled the plug when the debts kept
rising.

The new mayor did the right thing when he decided to stop borrowing money to
keep the thing solvent. The project was a series of errors from the
beginning. They pretended that they "forgot" little details, like the huge
pilot fees they'd have to pay until the boat was flying under an American
flag. They also assumed that people from Toronto were anxious to come here
for our world-class restaurants. Both of them. :-) So, the boat's up for
sale. Nice one, too:

http://www.rochesternysites.com/fastferry.htm

The previous mayor really believed the thing would work, and I can't fault
him for having a dream. But seriously...unless a Canadian's dying to see the
George Eastman House and doesn't want to drive, I couldn't see it being a
success.

Well...if you ever feel the urge to travel on a fast cat ferry...come on
down! We'll show you the world's highest tides as part of the deal.
http://www.catferry.com/