posted to rec.boats.building
Wayne.B

Default Prop Coating

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 13:19:44 -0500, Sailaway
wrote:

The guy I sail with is looking for a good slick coating for the folding
prop on his J-109 racing sailboat. The prop appears to be made of brass
or bronze, and gets a pretty good dose of hard marine growth during the
season here in the northeast. He has the bottom cleaned each week or
just before races during the season.

Bronze. Ask the diver to clean the prop also.

The problem with folding props is that they are built to fairly close
tolerances and need to swing open and closed with little or no
resistance. I have never seen one painted.