posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK

Default Falling in ...

Bart Senior wrote:
Time for some fun. Who has some good
"falling in" stories. "Falling in" the water, "falling
in" the dink, "falling down" the companionway, etc.

In a collegiate race, on a reaching leg, my crew and I were
switching back & forth bewteen running wing & wing (skipper
hold the jib sheet 'way out, crew pulls CB all the way up
and holds the main out) and reaching (board 1/2 down, sheets
normal) and me feet slipped out from under the hiking straps.

My crew said later that he did not hear a splash, he noticed
the jib collapsing and yelled at me to get it in gear... at
this point I was pulling myself one-handed over the transom.
MY crew looked at me in aggravation, sprawled over the aft
end of the boat (ie very far out of the position I should
have been) and said 'WTF are you doing back there? And how
did you get all wet?'

The competitors all around laughed so hard that we passed
most of them before the gybe mark.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King