posted to rec.boats.building
Larry

Default Hydroplane building info

"Heywood Jablomie" wrote in message
Hi All,
What I'm looking for is information on building a modern-style
hydroplane. There are a couple of companies (glen-l and others), that
offer plans close to what I want but are more of the "vintage" disc
style. There was a good example of what I'm speaking of at-

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Staud...01415647QQrdZ1

Thanks,
Mark

Mark,
what you see there is a pretty much 'state of the art' Hydro that
incorporates a lot of 'closely guarded' design elements. When a Hydro
builder racks up a lot of victories with a particular hull design, they are
able to sell a lot of hulls and make a lot of $$. There's quite a bit of
research & development invested in those hulls. There is not much $$ in
selling plans, so they don't have a lot of incentive to make them available
to the general public.

Besides, what would prevent somebody from setting up shop next door and
cranking out 'your hull' clones?

My 2¢

Larry

My turbine powered boat project;