posted to rec.boats.building
Garland Gray II

Default Heater hose conusdrum

Glenn,
I ran heater hose up about 18" then over about 15 ft and back down to the
water heater in the opposite hull of my cat. It works fine, but I made sure
there was no air in the line when I hooked it up by filling the entire run
with a funnel on one hose end. The water heater was slightly lower than
either engine, though.

"Glenn Ashmore" wrote in message
OK. The Yanmar 4JH4 is on the stringers, exhaust run to the waterlock and
raw water hose is on the strainer. Now I turned my attention to running
hoses to the water heater at the back of the engine compartment. The
instructions suggest that to avoid air traps the hoses to the heater
should be run below the level of the engine heat exchanger. BUT the inlet
and outlet for the water heater feed is on top of the pump which is at the
top front of the engine!

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com