JohnH

Default Giant Mexican Needlefish

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 23:23:04 GMT, Gene Kearns
wrote:

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 15:52:45 -0600 in rec.boats, Skipper penned the
following thoughts:

Can't say I blame an East Coaster for being upset at seeing the broad
palate of great gamefish offered in West Coast waters.

More power to 'em and I hope they had as much fun today as we did.
Got up, grabbed some hot fresh coffee and walked along the beach
watching the sun come up. Came back and had breakfast... a local
delicacy, shrimp and grits. Putzed around the house a while, since it
was too cold to hit the water. Charged the batteries on the boat and
put a new thermostat in our new (to us) tow vehicle. Took the ferry
over to Wilmington and wandered around in a book store for a couple of
hours. Recalling that we had fresh venison marinating for supper, we
came back to the island, drove out to the point, and watched the sun
set.... a pretty complete day!

Now, the fire is going in the fireplace, the better half is grilling
the venison, Poirot is on the toob, and I'm just finishing this post.

Frankly, I'll take 4 oz. test line, grunts, and croakers at the coast
to wishfully polishing my 9/0 reel loaded with 150# test line and
living 2,000 miles from either coast.

So, Skipper, have any pictures of the 2252 Bayliner or any recent
boating experiences to share?

A good recipe for venison would sure be appreciated!
--
John H

******Have a spectacular day!******