Bryan

Default Permanently affixating the "official number" shown on the Certificate of Documentation?

"Commodore Joe Redcloud" wrote in message
On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 01:32:12 GMT, "Bryan" wrote:

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
. ..
On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 22:58:17 GMT, "Bryan"
wrote:

the USCG websites showed numbers on the
bow near the stickers.

He's talking about the documentation number. Different animal.

I thought that might be the case. In my reading last night I came across
reference to documented vessels and certificate of number vessels. What's
the difference?

You are making this a lot harder than it actually is.

Certificate of number is what some STATES call what they issue so they can
collect taxes. You do not have to display ANYTHING on the bow of a
federally
documented boat other than possibly a small sticker from the state that
indicates that you have paid the state taxes. It has nothing at all to do
with
documentation.

Commodore Joe Redcloud

Oh hell! It always comes back to taxes, doesn't it.
Thanks.