JimH

Default Which Type of VHF Radio Antenna Is Suitable for a 18-Ft Fiberglass Center Console?

"Garth Almgren" wrote in message
Around 1/13/2006 8:33 PM, wrote:

I have a feeling that if mine is a 21-ft boat with a taller T-top (like
the Mako center console that I see in ad), I would have chosen a 8-ft
antenna. But mine is a small 18-ft boat, and I have a feeling that it
just doesn't make the cut for a 8-ft antenna.

shrugs

I've got an 8' antenna and a 14' boat. I figure that I need every inch
of range I can get...

http://home.comcast.net/~galmgren/gl...t_7-04_004.jpg

--
~/Garth
(.Sig broken)

That is what I have been saying all along. I see no reason not to go with
the antenna that will increase your transmission range.