Bryan

Default Permanently affixating the "official number" shown on the Certificate of Documentation?

"NOYB" wrote in message
ink.net...

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 21:22:14 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

Just got my COD for the new boat.

Where should I put the "official number" (preceded by the abbreviation
"NO"), and how do I *permanently* affix it?

Can I put it in a bilge area? And can I just carve it in with a
dremel...or
dental drill? ;-)

my contender has a brass plate epoxied to the keel forward of the fuel
tank - used clear epoxy - it's about as permanent as you can make it.

Thanks. For simplicity, I think I'm going to put vinyl numbers on an area
in the aft bilge by the generator...and then epoxy over them.

Is this COD different than certificate of number? I don't have a clue, but
in sticking with typical ng behavior I'm going to offer my $0.02. I was
just looking at that last night, and the USCG websites showed numbers on the
bow near the stickers. Try this if it applies to your question:
http://www.uscgboating.org/regulatio...ef_Guide_6.pdf

Bryan
California