Calif Bill

Default Which Type of VHF Radio Antenna Is Suitable for a 18-Ft Fiberglass Center Console?

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Garth Almgren wrote:
Around 1/13/2006 8:33 PM, wrote:

I have a feeling that if mine is a 21-ft boat with a taller T-top (like
the Mako center console that I see in ad), I would have chosen a 8-ft
antenna. But mine is a small 18-ft boat, and I have a feeling that it
just doesn't make the cut for a 8-ft antenna.

shrugs

I've got an 8' antenna and a 14' boat. I figure that I need every inch
of range I can get...

http://home.comcast.net/~galmgren/gl...t_7-04_004.jpg

Perhaps it is time to introduce Harry's Helium VHF Antenna kit...a
tethered balloon cum antenna for emergency use you release when you
absolutely have to reach someone on your VHF. Comes with 1000' feet of
string.

$999.99, plus shipping and handling.

Could include the pickup harness we had when I was in the air force.
Balloon and a harness, and the pickup plane plucked you from the ground or
water at high speed.