Jeff

Default Why do people buy cruising catamarans ?

Gary wrote:
wrote:

Using Google Earth to look at a satellite photo of Kona Kai
marina with more than 500 slips I can only see 2 catamarans
and 1 trimaran.

Nice rejoinder. The Google Earth check is very good.

That's because the cats are all our sailing!

Actually a check of one marina might not be valid, because some
marinas simply don't have spaces for them. I had to move for next
season because of dredging, and I didn't even bother checking any of
the "first choice" marinas in the inner harbor. However, I got a nice
t-head at good place which is 10 minutes further driving from my
house, but 30 minutes closer to open water once we leave the dock. My
fallback was to move to a mooring, which would have been different,
but would have saved a big bundle.