posted to rec.boats.racing
zframer

Default information on nordic picklefork

a 19ft Nordic with a 200 mercury and a sportmaster can reach speeds of
100 mph with a 30 chopper. I own a 21ft Obsession tunnel with a Johnson
V8 outboard and I can hit 105 with a 28 pitch 3 blade. Tunnels like a
little chop more then smooth water. The more air under the boat the
faster you run. If this is your first tunnel be careful they will blow
over... 21ft and under can blow over at 70 mph if run into the wind and
trimmed out to much. Saying all that you will love the way the that
boat rides, I will never own a V hull after driving a tunnel. Also make
sure you dont jack the moter to high, if you do you will loose steering
and have a blow out of the prop causing a wild ride till you slow down.
The bullit on your lower unit should be about 1" below the ride pad
for best preformance.