Dene

Default Mobile to Seattle

----- Original Message -----
From: "Larry"
Newsgroups: rec.boats.cruising

Anywhere from Charleston to Jacksonville has the same weather all year.
The temperature difference is less than 5 degrees across the region.
South of Jax, you bet the breeze floating across FL from the Gulf, which
changes the weather drastically by the time you're at Daytona Beach.

Only thing I don't like about Florida in a boat is there's no place to go
boating...ocean or ditch and the ditch is SHALLOW! There's a few places
on the west coast that are interesting, but the East Coast is boring as
hell. Eastern GA does have some pretty scenery in the many swamplands,
just like SC. Florida doesn't. And where you can boat is like taking a
motorhome to Times Square...bumper-to-bumper other boaters also thinking
"Why did I come here??".

I always ask, "where am I?" Hard for me to get use to flat terrain, void of
any natural landmarks. Attributable to being born/raised in Oregon.

That's why I love Charleston. The harbor is large enough to not become
too crowded, and if you get bored, there are 2500 miles of navigable
waterways within 50 miles, salt and fresh. You can anchor off some
island here and never see another soul for days, or you can be with other
people, your choice. The 5-6' tides keep the waterways pumped out,
unlike Florida's 18" tide where there's not enough flow to clean it, just
make some impressive sandbars.

You forgot that there are about a 100 golf courses nearby too.

Paradise!!!

Y'all stop by. We'll anchor off a deserted island and take the dink
ashore for a little shelling on an Atlantic beachfront with NO
FOOTPRINTS..(c;.....and NO CONDOS!!

I'll be there. Just stay alive for another 10 winters. 5 if we get an
inheiritance.

BTW....what kind of boat do you have?

-Greg