Rich Hampel

Default John Neal's response about Tayanas

Why would I have reason to spend $$$$ in speaking or communicationg to
someone who I perceive has no important information nor direct
expertise to relate. YOU are the one with the questions.

If you want to spend money in the best way, hire one of the top-flight
designers of blue water boats as a personal *consultant*. They ALL have
consulting services that are set-up to help someone like yourself make
a decision on a particular design choice, etc. and regardless if a new
or used boat is what you are after. Bob Perry ( www.perryboats.com)
the recognized 'penultimate' designer of blue water boats is probably
the most prolific 'consultant' in this area; and, will give you
guaranteed honest unbiased answers (even on HIS designs and the yards
in which they are built). At least these designers KNOW what they are
talking about. Otherwise you're wasting time and money listening to
those with just 'biases' to offer. Remember the stark fact that since
Mr. John Neal doesnt build, nor fix, nor design boats .... you
probably just threw $100 down the drain ... and still havent gotten
your questions answered, have you? Who in hell do you think would
offer better advice .... a house BUILDER or one who only 'lives' in
one?

In article et,
wrote:

Rich Hampel wrote:
Did you ask Mr. Neal if he ever sailed, owned, fixed, rebuilt,
bought, brokered, etc. 'any' Tayana? any other boats recently?
Suggest that you email him these comments, and see how he