posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

Default Sirius and Ipod on Board

Yulp, it's a shame there's scum bags out there, like Commode Rob.

Scotty

"Michael May" wrote in message

Not as yet. I have a web site but it is related to my wife's

and my
personal careers. My wife strongly objects to having pictures

of her,
our daughters, or our home or yacht put on the web. Based

primarily on
her observations on the behaviour over several years of the

ratbags
observed on many newsgroups. She says that it make her feel

creepy if
people she holds in low esteem have photos of her or the girls;

or
access to details of our personal lives.

Several years ago, when we still had the the Mauritius I posted

some
photos of the boat with my wife and daughters, dressed as you

normally
expect when on board, and she got some sexually explicit email

and phone
calls. Someone got our phone numbers from our website. Since

then we do
not tie our web site to newsgroup posts, even though most

newsgroups we
post to are career related. The yacht name, Regina Bellus is

actually a
latin variation of her real name. We were going to name her

that, but
ended up opting for the English version after a family vote. ;(

She is as otherwise described. I may, in fact probably will,

set up a
new web site that I can post photos on, photos of the boat and

places we
visit, minus photos that include my wife or daughters in

swimwear etc.
The recent rubbish about men's wives and comments on their

levels of
attractiveness simply reinforces the opinions of my female

family
members. Regardless of the direction it takes, positive or

negative, it
offends women to be rated like cattle or to have comments about

their
appearance made by strangers.