posted to rec.boats.electronics
Spammy Spamson

Default 20" LCD flat panel TV

an alternative available up to 17in. :

http://www.seapc.se/index.html

Ricky Spamson

leave the spam IN to reply to e-addy.

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 17:21:22 GMT, "Gordon Wedman"
wrote:

"b393capt" wrote in message
oups.com...
Rather than a Marine rated LCD TV, a friend recommended I just use any
TV from Best Buy and consider it disposable after 3 years.

Anyone take this approach.

Is it possible, and if so, any drawbacks in connecting straight to the
battery rather then running thru an inverter ?

Any Best Buy model that is particularly well suited ?

I've been looking at these units as well. I don't see why they would not
last longer than 3 years provided they don't get doused with sea water or
banged around.

Samsung makes 17" and 19" versions.
Toshiba makes a couple of units with built-in DVD players. They also have a
portable unit with built-in DVD player that looks like a laptop. The screen
folds back flat so that you can hang it on the wall. I think the Toshibas
are made to run from 12 volts, at least the portable one.
These are the units I've been most interested in but I'm sure there are
others.