Keith

Default Reading the Clouds

Check out:
http://www.storm-hawk.com/
http://www.wxworx.com/
http://www.wxport.com/

All will show weather, Doppler radar, etc. one even overlays it on your
electronic charts! WFax is starting to look pretty weak.

--

Keith
__
"Gfretwell" wrote in message
I am in the sub tropics so a thunderstorm is an afternoon certainty for

about 6
months of the year. The only question is whether it will come over you.

The
local weather RADAR on cable TV is the best forecaster. I certainly wish
someone would bvroadcast that on an unused UHF channel!!! Then a $69 TV

would
be your weather station.
As it is we make do by watching the strato cumulous formations and

plotting
them against a fixed object to determine the direction of travel. The sun

is
handy for this when you are out in the middle of nowhere.