posted to rec.boats.building
dadiOH

Default Should I or shouldn't I ,,,,,,,,,,,

Jasper Windvane wrote:
Here is the scenario; find an old wooden sailboat, circa 1955, and
speak to owner. He wants boat gone.

Boat is very cheap. It is a caravel planked boat. It has been taken
cared of but the last couple of years that has been by the local
marina. Many things have been done to the boat. New keel bolts, for
example.

But, it still is a wood hull.

Question: is this boat worth investing time and energy in, how many
more years of life does the wooden hull have, will the boat need a
complete rebuild, etc...

IMO, wood is less a problem than the fastenings. If it is iron
fastened, I'd forget it.

--
dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...