JimH

Default OT New hobby

"Don White" wrote in message
Well...I've grown tired of just surviving the winters, and since things
have mellowed out inn this newsgroup I can't even count on a good dustup
to keep me going.
This morning I went to a local music store and bought a Takamine GS-330S
acoustic guitar.
I didn't know what to buy so I let the salesman convince me that this
model was the best value..for a beginner as it was on at a reduced price.
They threw in the case, strap and half a dozen picks... all for $300.00
CDN.
Next I walked upstairs to the Canadian Conservatory of Music and signed up
for 18 weeks of music lessons.
Classes don't start until next Tuesday night, so I found beginner lessons
online but might have trouble with my frettin' hand. I find the strings
seem close together for my chubby fingers. Anyway, I'll see how it works
out. Gotta do something..... the wife has been called back to work a
month early and I'll be semi-housebound for months.
Back to that chromatic chord...
G major
D major
C major...
mmmm wonder if they do cash refunds at that store?

I always wanted to learn to play the guitar but never did. Glad to hear
about a new hobby Don. Just don't sit on the deck of your sailboat at your
marina and play songs like "Michael Rowed the Boat Ashore..." or John
Balushi will come out of his grave to smash your new guitar into a million
pieces. ;-)