JohnH

Default OT Ping Chuck Gould

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 04:49:29 -0700, "RG" wrote:

Chuck, I'd appreciate it you'd do me a favor. Could you navigate over to
alt.binaries.pictures.sports.ocean for me? A few of us have been posting
digital photos over there to share with the folks here. I posted a shot on
12/30/05 with the subject Wooden Boats at Pier 66 in Seattle, or something
very close to that.

The shot was taken on June 18, 2005. We were boarding a cruise ship for our
trip up the Inside Passage. Shortly after boarding I went out to the
fantail of the ship and noticed below on the docks, the most wonderful
collection of beautifully restored wooden cruising boots, all moored
together at Pier 66. Once I saw them, I really wanted to disembark and go
walk the docks among the wooden boats, but with long boarding lines,
security issues, etc. I thought better of it, and just shot the boats from
the fantail of the ship.

Can you shed any insight as to what I saw? Was it a temporary showing event
or a small marina that is exclusive to restored wooden cruisers? From what
I could tell from my vantage point, the quality of the boats was simply
amazing. Any knowledge you could fill in would be appreciated. I wondered
what I saw for the rest of the trip and since.

By the way, I have a very nice skyline shot of Seattle taken from Puget
Sound on a strikingly clear day during our departure. Postcard quality,
I've been told. I'd be happy to email it to you or post it to the other
group if you have an interest.

Post it! Seattle shots are always beautiful.

"The bluest skies you'll ever see are in Seattle"...doncha know.
--
John H