posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

Default Fouling Props

Spinning the shaft while in neutral is supposedly knot good for
the tranny.

Would think it easier, cheaper and safer to dive once in a while
then your scheme.

Scotty

wrote in message
oups.com...
Around here, I have to dive and clean my prop at least 4 times

a year
due to fast fouling. If I didnt use her much I'd have to do it

more.
Like many other people I have noticed the fact that boats that

are used
more have cleaner props.
So...........I propose a device which simply spins your prop

several
times a week to minimize fouling. It'd be something like a

small motor
driving a belt going around the shaft. You'd have to leave her

in
neutral for this to work. Something like 30 secs of prop

spinning
every other day might really reduce fouling.