posted to rec.boats.paddle
KMAN

Default Death by Eskimo Roll?

"Andy Baxter" wrote in message

In Derek Hutchinson’s book, “The Complete Book of Sea Kayaking”, on page
48 while talking about nose clips he states “…in some cases sudden death
has been caused by water being driven up the nose”. Really? It makes it
sound like we cheat death by not wearing a nose plug.

IMO the book is less than impressive, some interesting material, but a lot
of “look at me” stuff like he wants to score points to nail some kayaking
chicks.

Has anyone heard of death by water being driven up the nose while
kayaking?

LOL. I have that book, I think. Is that the one where he tells the story of
the old guy who points out to him that the boat a few miles offshore is
being pushed sideways? Ach noooo....she's movin' sideways!

As for the "look at me" attitude, hell's bells, welcome to rec.boats.paddle.