posted to rec.boats.paddle
Wilko

Default Death by Eskimo Roll?

Andy Baxter wrote:
In Derek Hutchinson's book, "The Complete Book of Sea Kayaking", on page
48 while talking about nose clips he states "...in some cases sudden death
has been caused by water being driven up the nose". Really? It makes
it sound like we cheat death by not wearing a nose plug.

snip

Has anyone heard of death by water being driven up the nose while
kayaking?

Nope, I did read about death by water in the lungs occurring hours
later, up to a day after the victim had gotten (even a little bit of)
water in their lungs. But sudden death?

Wilko

--
Wilko van den Bergh wilkoa t)dse(d s enl
Eindhoven The Netherlands Europe