posted to rec.boats.building
Heikki

Default Should I or shouldn't I ,,,,,,,,,,,

Jasper Windvane wrote:

The USS Constitution doesn't sail anymore and I don't know about the
Victory. I am talking a boat that actually goes out to SEA.

Well, I am often sailing on Skibladner II, a 20 meter cargo ketch from
Copenhagen. She is built in 1897. There has been lots of maintenance, and a
few major overhauls - one under work as I write this. There is still some
original wood left in her, although it is getting less and less.

I don't see any reason why she would not sail another 50 or 100 years, given
enough maintenance, and barring serious accidents.

- Heikki