NOYB

Default Economy Rebounds - Productivity Soars, Jobless Claims Drop

My suggestion would be to get into the health care industry. An aging
population has tremendous needs that are growing in leaps and bounds. You
don't even need to be a provider (ie--dr. or nurse). There are thousands of
companies that manufacturer or distribute health care items and
pharmaceuticals. The demand grows every day.

Conversely, the House recently passed legislation that would allow patients
to purchase prescription drugs from abroad for less money. The Senate is
not likely to pass it, and the White House has vowed to veto it.

The opponents argue that there are safety and quality issues at stake. Who
knows for sure.

On one hand, it'd be great for Americans to have access to certain drugs at
huge savings (for example, 1 month of tamoxifen for $60 instead of $360),
but this law would just force more American companies to search for even
cheaper ways to produce the drugs...and consequently lose more American jobs
in the process.

We really live in a screwed up society. Americans want to pay as little as
possible for something, but then whine when the product is junk, service is
poor, or domestic jobs are lost. Meanwhile, they want their 401-K's to
return 15% per year. So the corporations, in the interest of returning that
much-desired cheap product *and* a high return on their stock, cut expenses
and move the jobs overseas. People bitch that jobs are lost, but refuse to
pay more for the products if the jobs were kept here.

It used to be "you got what you paid for". That meant you got good service
when you paid a premium for it. The problems began when consumers started
demanding *both* the cheap product *and* the good service. Of course, the
corporations' profit margins fell when they tried to be everything to
everybody...so they either had to raise prices (no way in today's "best deal
mentality" society!)...or cut expenses and send the jobs overseas.

How did we get here? Well, one possibility is that it came from today's
"the World owes me" attitude. Things that were considered luxuries are now
considered necessities. Every family *must* have 2 or more cars, a half
dozen or more TV's, the latest footwear, the fastest computer, high speed
internet, etc.

If everybody would remember this saying, it just might be the answer to the
hemorrhage of jobs flowing out of this country:

"Ther bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of the low
price is gone."

We can no longer have both, folks. It was fun while it lasted, but it's
really begun to take a toll on our country and our working class.