posted to rec.boats.electronics
Bill Ziady

Default Newbie GPS Question

I use my Magellan Meridian Gold to do exactly what you're talking about. The
display is easy to read even in the dark or bright sunlight conditions. The
unit works off it's own AA batteries or can be connected to a mount that
will allow you to supply 12 V from the boat or car. You can get software and
a cable that will also allow you to download and upload to/from computer to
GPS. This allows you to later see exactly where you went, how fast you were
going, how long you spent at each spot, etc. I have seen them on ebay for
under $125 which is a terrific price. I love mine. Have had it for 2 years
now.

Good luck,
Bill

"oldgoat" wrote in message
I want to get a handheld GPS to use on my bass boat but am I confused. I
want to be able to get on a new or old lake and cruise around using my two
fish finders and mark spots on a GPS so I can save them and come back to
them. Each GPS has so many options and the prices, I am lost. Knowing
nothing about GPS I need some input. I want to basically map a new lake and
put in fishing spots. which unit is the one you guys would use for this, I
don't want a GPS and fish finder combo. Since I may want to use the GPS off
the boat. Thanks