Gary

Default Diesel heater opinions wanted

Stephen Trapani wrote:
Gary wrote:

Mike the Spamkiller wrote:

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 08:13:19 -0800, RW Salnick
wrote:

Roger, one option to avoid the need for 12V (at least the continuous
use of 12V) would be to put a daytank above the heater for gravity
feed, and then fill the daytank occasionally using a 12v pump.

Wouldnīt you still need 12V fan to get warm air around the boat?
Fuel pump and fan donīt need that much electricity. My 25-year old
Wallas1800 need some 0,5A current for pump and fan. Understand new
models use even less. A small solar panel can provide enough
electricity for heater.

Mika

Mine, with the gravity feed tank and one of those cool fans that sits
on top of the Dickinson stove and runs on the heat generated takes no
electricity and generates in excess of 6500 BTU.

Check it:
http://www.dickinsonmarine.com/shop5...p?catalogid=34

The fan:
http://www.magma.ca/~barkhm5/ecofan.htm

Wow, cool fan. Would it work on top of a Force 10 propane heater?

It needs a flat spot to sit on and room for the blades to turn. I have
the small one and it moves a lot of air.