Matt O'Toole

Default Cruising Internet access

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 23:24:11 -0800, Tamaroak wrote:

I'm looking at T Mobile and Verizon Broadband as a way to supplement WiFi
access in marinas as we do the Great Loop staring this summer.

I'm looking for opinions as to which is best and if there are other
options.

I've found marina WiFi to be universally terrible. However there's
usually a cafe or bar nearby with good (and free) access.

Where that's not available, I've had great luck using my Verizon cell
phone as a modem. Of course it's too slow for the web but it's fine for
email and limited web use. With that in mind, Verizon's Broadband cell
service should be good in areas where they advertise having coverage.
You'd have to check with Verizon about the areas you're going to though.

Matt O.