posted to alt.sailing.asa
Dave Doe

Default Any thoughts onhow to make this boat better

In article ,
says...
Dave Doe wrote:
a) What is the *point* of your experiement? - other than to only prove
my argument correct.

Dave, since your argument is not correct, it would be pretty
hard to prove.

Are you saying that the water ballast inside a boat hull
does not affect it's stability? That the water ballast
"weighs nothing" until it is above the waterline?

Nope, never did. I'm saying it's stability is indeed improved (more
mass to move), but question its righting ability vs lead keel - and
posed a question about that.

The problem is that water in the ballast has the same density of the
water it is in - lead is 10? times heavier.

See my reposted question - easy figures inserted, cheers.

--
Duncan