Peter HK

Default Why do people buy cruising catamarans ?

"Bryan" wrote in message
Peter, I'm not sure why you say a cat is better than a mono? Certainly
they have different attributes but the choice of what makes one type of
boat better then another is strictly personal. I grew up racing monohulls
and that is what I feel comfortable on. I do see the advantages of a cat:
room, sailing flat, shallow draft, but I also see advantages in a mono:
load carrying ability, more seaworthy, softer ride.

Buying a boat is a personal decision. What is better for you may be worse
for me.

Fair winds,

Bryan

I agree with you entirely- we all see different priorities and have
different opinions. To me cats seem to have advantages over monos for the
things that are important to me and for the type of cruising I wanted to do.

Perhaps I should have made that clearer.

Having said that, now that I have given up cruising, I have a trailerable
mono for local daysailing. It has advantages that suit me at the moment. I'm
even thinking about power in the future (don't tell anyone) ;-)

Peter HK